Friday, May 18, 2012

Butterfly Chronicles Volume 40: Graduation

Her graduation verses:  Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him and He will make your paths straight.

 
Taylor’s graduation looms – 24 students on future’s runway fueling for flight.  Homeschooling is different from “regular” school in so many good and bad ways, but graduation is one of the best – God is welcome – exalted – praised openly and unabashedly, a front row seat – no back alleys or whispered prayers for Him here.  Last year, I attended my first one – my first homeschool graduation.  Amazing.  A witness to the power of Jesus Christ from beginning to end.


I am nervous.  At last year’s graduation, I boohoo’ed through the whole thing, and I barely knew any of the kids graduating.  It was just such a testimony to the Lord to watch parents who have lived through homeschooling and who have raised their children moment by moment to His glory finally come to the end of that journey and gently release their children into the sky of future dreams.  A metamorphosis.
Now, it is Taylor’s turn.  She is ready.  My broken heart beating with a passionate pride and resonating prayer for God’s blessing on her life, her steps, her paths, her decisions -all to His glory – that’s what I pray for her.

Last year I cried.  This year…I just hope I can make it through the ceremony without passing out from lack of air uptake in a tear stained snot stuffed up nose.  Prayer.  That’s my only hope.  The overwhelming joy of Taylor’s successes culminating in this ceremony is huge, yet we will all tip toe around another place where Zach’s chair will be empty.  Another day he won’t be there to celebrate in the life of our family.  I know, I know. He’s face to face with the Savior and all that, but my heart still aches and breaks and has a hole.  There’s a jagged, black, deep hole of missing him even though I know where he is.

Fall Apart, the song Taylor chose to play during her ceremony slide show presentation, speaks volumes about what she’s been through this “senior” year – a year growing her faster to old than should’ve been, and the song speaks her walk this year in such a way that I never could.  She chose it - the song that sings her story. I am excitedly looking forward to watching her graduation unfold – tissues, lots of tissues, a must.  Her song; her journey; her butterfly metamorphosis into future flight - thank you God for all the gifts you gave us in her and those you gave to her. 

Trust the Lord, Taylor.  He will make your paths straight.  Fly sissy.  Fly high!

Her song…

Fall Apart

Why in the world did I think I could
Only get to know you when my life was good?
When everything just falls in place
The easiest thing is to give you praise
Now it all seems upside down

'Cause my whole world is caving in
But I feel you now more than I did then
How can I come to the end of me
But somehow still have all I need?
God I want to know you more
Maybe this is how it starts
I find you when I fall apart

Blessed are the ones who understand
They've got nothing to bring but empty hands
Nothing to hide and nothing to prove
Our heartbreak brings us back to you
And it all seems upside down

'Cause my whole world is caving in
But I feel you now more than I did then
How can I come to the end of me
But somehow still have all I need?
God I want to know you more
Maybe this is how it starts
I find you when I fall apart

I don't know how long this will last
I'm praying for the pain to pass
But maybe this is the best thing that has ever happened to me

'Cause my whole world is caving in
But I feel you now more than I did then
How can I come to the end of me
But somehow still have all I need?

God I want to know you more
Maybe this is how it starts
I find you when--
You will find me when--
I fall apart

Fall Apart by Josh Wilson

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, beautiful Taylor.

    Family, life, moving forward when a part of our hearts is forever in the past. Torn in two between forwards and backwards... recipe for falling apart.

    "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."
    -Rev 21:5

    God glue.

    ReplyDelete