Friday, May 11, 2012

Butterfly Chronicles Volume 39: The Power of Prayer

New every morning are His mercies.

Last night it stormed.  Shaking the walls and jolting me out of slumber, thunder erupted and lightening poured through the blind slats.  I went to bed late; I didn't sleep well.

Yet, somewhere between writing it all down last night and prayers going up, I feel better today.  Stronger, more able to block the thoughts that bring me down.  I really do know that God is there, the butterflies are His gift to me, my family, and everyone who shares the butterflies with us.

As the day ambles on toward tonight, I'm sure the day's stuff will weigh on me, and the tired will bring that hard to wrestle sadness.  While I am strong and feeling hope, I wanted that person who may be having an awful, miserable, lonely day to know that God is there, He cares, He wants me, you, all of us to cast every care we have on Him, and I want that person to know especially that His mercies are new every morning, and His faithfulness is great, infinite, always more than enough.

I don't know all those people who pray for us.  I just know that those prayers are making all the difference.  Zach, I believe, knows about your prayers and mine.  He's okay, I'm not okay, and that has to be okay, until God walks us through to a better place or just holds us in this one.

To God be the Glory for the things He has done through those of you lifting us up.  Prayer - so powerful, so perfect, so purposeful - will not go unheard or unfelt.  I feel it.  It feels peaceful, happy, thankful.

His mercies are new every morning.

1 comment:

  1. "I don't know all those people who pray for us."

    I'm one of the people who prays for you, and whom you don't know. I read, I cry, and I pray. I never know what to say...but I wanted to tell you that I'm here and I'm praying, and reading all of these entries. God, bless this family with peace and strength and butterflies galore.

    ReplyDelete