Saturday, March 16, 2013

Butterfly Chronicles Volume 69: The Sacrifice

We're watching The Bible.  Abraham ties Isaac to the alter and lifts the knife.  The lamb bleats. God provides the lamb.

Madison asks her dad if he would sacrifice her if God told him to.  Fortunately, God doesn't test us that way today he says.

Then she asks me.  No.  I wouldn't if God asked me to.  I couldn't do it.  He knows I couldn't do it.

I thought about that and realized He already took the sacrifice.  No lamb.


Loneliness in a crowd is a strange feeling.  Why does He want us in this place?

Our big girl says God doesn't work.  She says she's tried.  You, mom, she says, have kept your faith.  You have stayed close to God.  You talk about him; you write about it in your blog.

No, I say.  Everything I write is a lie.  I don't believe it.  I don't mean it.  I am not strong.  I am alone.  Just like you and Maddy and Daddy - we are alone.

We live in a barren land where other brothers, other sons grow up.

No, I would never make the sacrifice.  But He didn't ask.



Butterflies.


No comments:

Post a Comment