Sunday, November 18, 2012

Butterfly Chronicles Volume 60: Wimpy Christian

All those grief books, stacked up, not speaking how I feel, telling me blessing comes, me miles away from destination joy.

Heroes they are; I am not.

Abraham: an alter left empty at my hands.

Noah: me laughing in disbelief.

Joseph: my plotting revenge, planning destruction.

Shadrach, Meschach, Abednego: a fear gripped heart - mine, facing fire.

Daniel: these ears roared to frantic panic.


A recanter of  faith - me - to escape bonds of a burning stake.

Do you ever doubt as strong as their faith: those Abrahams, Noahs, Josephs, Furnace Facers, Daniels?

It is easy for me to forget Jesus, cross splayed and the cost to those who died for faith. Filled with doubt,   I forget, my faith floats away on the wind.

Since Zach died, eternity beckons.  Calling me.  I doubt.  I forget. Is it real, true, this grace story?

To live is Christ; to die is gain - that's what He says, Jesus.  That shot rang out; Zach fell into the arms of his savior. Some days belief wanes. God, forgive me for missing him so much that it is hard to believe You. Does your faith quiver, waver, fail, ever?

Eternity beckons.  Live Christ.  I am a wimpy Christian. I doubt.


I'm waiting for the blessing. God deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment