Sunday, September 30, 2012

Butterfly Chronicles Volume 55: Zach's Testimony

For God so loved the world and me and you, that he gave 
His uniquely born son and whoever believes on Him will not perish but have eternal life.

Rainy, misty, cloudy day.  Weekend nights spilling into morning before sleep.  I'm so tired.  It has been a day of just sad.

How do I explain how I miss my child?

But God knows and knew what I needed today.  In searching for a document on my computer, I came across this - which I had looked for before, but couldn't find.  God found it for me. 

Testimony of Zachery Sinclair
January 15, 2009

        I learned about Salvation at Berachah church.  When I was saved, I was about 5-6 years old.    At the age of 9, I was baptized by Pastor David Dunn at Grace Bible Church of Houston.  Pastor Dunn made it very clear to me that being baptized did not make me saved.  It just showed that I had accepted Jesus as my Savior.

       Because I am a sinner, I need a Savior.  Sin ruins our relationship with God.  To be saved, I had to understand that I was a sinner and believe in Jesus Christ because He died on the cross to take away my sins.  Salvation comes from faith alone in Christ alone, which means I have to do things God’s way and can’t do things my way.  I can’t earn my salvation by works, but only by believing in Jesus Christ.

 
Zach wrote this for his Sunday school teacher, Ike Spiker.  Why? Because Ike wanted to make sure the kids understood salvation, what it meant, how to get it, and the results.

Zach was almost 10 when he wrote this.

Thank you, God for this, today.


No comments:

Post a Comment