Monday, September 10, 2012

Butterfly Chronicles Volume 51: In What Will You Wallow?

The LORD is my strength and my shield;
 My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
 Therefore my heart exults, 
And with my song I shall thank Him.

This week, our son, Zachery Michael Sinclair, celebrates his most important birthday EVER.  On September 13, 2012, Zachery will have spent one full year in the presence and glory of the Lord, Jesus Christ.  Like the song says, "I can only imagine what it will be like..."

If you pray, I need them, we need them, without ceasing.  The struggle this week especially is whether we will wallow in the joy of the Lord or wallow in the pain of the fall.  I would tell Satan to go to hell, but that is kind of redundant, don't you think?  I want my enemy to get thee back, so I can wallow in and be covered in and be stained by the joy that is only found in the Lord. 

God, hear our prayers. 

We are thankful that You alone hold the universe in Your hands, and You are in the business of simply speaking and bringing something out of nothing.  You know every hair that falls from our heads.  You have promised that You will supply all our needs through Your riches in glory.  You have our best in mind at all times for infinity.  You answer our prayers higher and fuller and wider than we could ever imagine.

Thank you, God, that because he put his faith alone in Christ alone, Zachery is celebrating his first year in eternity wrapped in Your grace and glory.  God, use Zachery in your kingdom to Your glory.  Give us courage and determination and strength as we face another bump along the grief road.  You are our shield, our refuge, our ever present help in trouble.  We are so blessed that You even give us notice.  Walk with us this week, carry us as we cast all our cares at the foot of Your throne.  Through it all, whatever it is, Your grace is sufficient.  Infinitely sufficient.

 
In the saving name of Jesus Christ,
Amen.


1 comment: