Thursday, April 18, 2013

Butterfly Chronicles Volume 73: How Big is YOUR God?

Is God faithful?

Mother-in-law is dying.  The toll on family weighty  and stressful and impacting others' health.
Decisions must be made.
Hospice is on the horizon.
Funerals are expensive.

     When our children were born, my dad and mom decided to invest money with the goal of having at least $20,000 for our children for college.  Upon Zach's death, my parents gave us that money, Zach's $20,000, for the funeral expenses, grave plot, etc.  How big is YOUR God?  Mine is always more than enough.  All of those expenses - added up on invoices - came to $19,990. $10 left over...

     God's plan is painful: Suicide?  Really God?? REALLY, with butterflies every single day, God continues to show Himself and has since the day Zach died.  If my salvation is based on me and my efforts or accolades or whether or not I agree with God all the time, the doors of heaven would slam shut on me. And I mean HARD.  Thank GOD that salvation is based on who HE is and not on my sorry backside. How big is YOUR God?

No comments:

Post a Comment